Life is so hectic, sometimes we tend to ignore the little rooms around the house that could really use some improvement.
Take the bathroom for instance: when was the last time you really felt this personal space was more than just a place to hide from the children for a few minutes? Some people cringe at the thought of bathroom or kitchen renovations but you don’t have to break down walls or move pipes to turn an ordinary bathroom into a more luxurious retreat.
It can be as easy as a fresh coat of paint, new towels or mirrors and a modern medicine cabinet.
Easy ways to spruce up your bathroom or powder room
- Replace old bathroom lighting fixtures – Nothing dates your decor like yesterday’s lighting. Today’s ceiling and wall fixtures are inexpensive and easy to install.
- Add newer wall shelving for towels and accessories – Add a set of shelves to your bath to hold battery operated candles for a different kind of night light.
- Replace old hooks and towel bars – Get rid of chipped or rusted metal and plastic. Coordinating hooks and towel bars give your decor an totally together look.
- Add linens to compliment your colors – Try some contrasting colors or seasonal towels for a change.
- Replace or polish – Mold and mildew can damage more than just bath tiles. Clean up your pipes or look for newer styles to compliment your choices for towel bars, hooks and vanity knobs.
If you’d like to add a more polished look to your old vanity, give it a fresh coat of enamel and add some new hardware. Without removing anything major you can give your bathroom a brand new look and feel just in time for those holiday visits from family and friends.